Filed your Income Tax Return with the refund request?
But, don’t know how to check Income Tax Refund Status Online?
Every Taxpayers has to file Income Tax Return if their total income goes beyond 2.5 Lakh every year.
Taxpayers can request for the refund only if they have paid
This usually happens when the advance tax, self-assessment tax paid or TDS deducted of the taxpayer is higher than the total tax liability of a taxpayer.
To claim the income tax refund it is necessary to file Income Tax Return online.
Most of us after filing the return fail to check Income Tax refund status or many don’t know how to check Income Tax Refund Status online they simply wait for the government to give them the message.
First it necessary to check the status of the income tax return.
It is necessary to check
Procedure on how to Check Income Tax Refund Status Online
Here is the step-by-step guide to keep the track of the refund status.
- Step 1: Login to incometaxindiae-filing.gov.in
- Step 2: Enter Your PAN, Password & Solve Captcha
- Step 3: On Dashboard click on View Returns/Forms
- Step 4: Select Option -> Income Tax Returns -> Click On Submit
- Step 5: Select the Acknowledgement Number once you see the status as ‘ITR Processed’
NOTE: If the status show “Successfully e-verified” it indicates that the ITR is not processed yet i.e it is pending.
- Step 6: Click on TIN-NSDL Website Link to check the refund status
Once you click on the
In this case, the mode of payment is through ECS so
If case if mode of payment is through cheque, you have to further check if the cheque was returned undelivered. In case the cheque was returned undelivered, you will get a link to update your address and get the cheque reissued.
In case of any mistake in the address given earlier or the address has been changed, enter the new or corrected address carefully to get the cheque reissued and delivered.
- Step 7: Check the Refund Status Window
- Once you click the TIN-NSDL Website link, the separate window will appear which will tell you to enter the PAN Number and income tax return assessment year then it will show you this refund status window.
This refund status window consists of information such as Mode of Payment, Reference Number, Status and Date.
Types of Refund Status
- ITR Filed: It indicates your ITR is successfully filed.
- ITR Received – It Indicates ITR Received by the Income Tax Department.
- Successfully e-verified – It indicates your Income Tax Return has been processed if you have verified online way.
- ITR Processing Completed: It indicates ITR Return processing has been completed and email will
be sendto you on your registered Email Id showing whether taxis payable by you or refund due to you or NIL Liabilities.
- Refund has been paid / encashed: It indicates the refund amount have been paid or encashed.
FAQ’s on How to check Income Tax Refund Status Online
It generally takes 20 – 45 Days from the date of verification and in case of CPC it takes more time and in some cases it may take months to get income tax refund.
You need to login to Income Tax Website and then need to request for re-issue which is available below the TIN – NDSL website link on the refund status window see the Step 6 screenshot or choose ECS mode of payment.
It is depends on how you have filed your Income Tax Return.
In order to get requested refund amount it is necessary to check Income Tax Refund Status Online on Income Tax E-filing Website. All you have to do is to follow this step-by-step procedure.
Contact Us: +91 8929449595 / +91 9004352019
Email Us Your Query: firstname.lastname@example.org