After Incorporation of Company, the first meeting of Board of Directors of the Company must be held within 30 days of incorporation. In this article, we have discussed the procedure to hold Board Meeting and the agenda for the same.
Notice of First Board Meeting
Generally, the Notice of Board Meeting of the company should be provided minimum seven days prior to the date of Board Meeting to all the Directors of the Company, unless otherwise provided in the Articles of Association of the Company. The notice of First Board Meeting of the Company should mention the date, time and place of the Board Meeting.
Below is the draft Notice of Board Meeting for reference.
Notice of the Board Meeting
Mr. <Name of Director>
<Address of Director>
Dear Ma’am / Sir,
Notice is hereby given that the First Meeting of the Board of Directors of <Name of Private Limited> will be held on <Date of Board Meeting> at <Time of Meeting> at Registered Office of the Company / Address <Address>. The Agenda of the business to be transacted at the Meeting is attached herewith
Agenda of First Board Meeting
The agenda for the First Board Meeting of the Company should include below mentioned below mentioned business:
- Election of Chairman for the Board Meeting.
- To take note of the Certificate of Incorporation issued by the Registrar of Companies.
- To take note of appointment of the First Directors of Company.
- To take note of the duties of the Directors of the Company under section 166 of the Companies Act, 2013.
- To take note of the stationery and nameplate printing as per provisions of Section 12(3) of the Companies Act, 2013.
- To take note of disclosure of interest of Directors in Form MBP 1.
- To take note of the Registered Office address of the Company.
- To authorize the director to keep custody of the Statutory Register of the Company
- To discuss the uniform Financial Year as per provisions of the Companies Act, 2013
- To appoint first Auditors of the Company.
- To consider the opening of Bank Account in the name of Company with Bank.
- To consider an application for Shop and Establishment License.
- To consider an application for GST Registration and authorize one of the Director to sign and submit the application for GST Registration.
- To consider an application for Trademark Application and authorize one of the Directors to appoint Trademark lawyer to apply the same.